Monday, June 27, 2005

gmail - Finally

I've finally worked out my personal kinks with gmail so I'm sending an open invitation to one and all to send email to the following address:

pdxmediawatch@gmail.com

You can send me comments, suggestions, tips, etc. If you want to remain anonymous, I suggest creating a hotmail account with an untracable handle.

I make this promise to those who want me to be the conduit for inside stuff, rumours, etc., I will NEVER EVER reveal the source of my information, even if it means trashing my hard drive.

The beauty here is that people have felt comfortable posting anonymously and we can keep that going.

Please, please, please, don't add me to mass mail lists or spam.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You posted an email address on the internet. You'll be getting spam eventually. Hopefully gmail will catch most of it.

Monday, June 27, 2005 12:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the secret is to use a comma instead of the dot before "com" and then note that the comma should be changed to the dot.

bulk spammers can't pick it up that way. Or use at instead of @ and note the change after the listing.

Monday, June 27, 2005 1:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd change the post to the instructions above NOW.... before too many spammers pick up the post.

Monday, June 27, 2005 1:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gmail is actually remarkably good at catching spam. I use a gmail address for most of my blog commenting, and it catches 99% of the spam, and almost never miscategorizes something as spam when it is not. But I would agree with rewriting your email as

"pdxmediawatch at gmail dot com."

Alternatively you could make a .gif/.jpg image of your email address and then post a (img) tag to that image.

One OTHER note, for people who are worried about having their IP logged--you can visit blogs through a site like Proxify (www.proxify.com), which will mask your IP address so that someone can't go through their logs and figure out who you are.

Monday, June 27, 2005 3:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Notorious J.E.S. said...

Thanks for the option!

Monday, June 27, 2005 3:36:00 PM  
Blogger 10 Best Home Based Business said...

Terrific blog. I search the internet everytime I
get a moment to find blogs. Its better than cold iced
tea and I have to visit it one more time!
Where you been? You have got to look at my new home based business opportunity blog!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 1:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home