Okay, so for all of us who want to deal with fact, here are some of the gossip items on the horizon:
- KATU's 4:30 newscast, which goes live in three months, will probably have its format in place only a few weeks before air. Watch lots of in-house second guessing (since KATU is barren as Eastern Oregon desert at that time).
- KOIN's interim management is thinking of making anchor changes, even though the station is up for sale. Don't think those big contracts make everyone safe. Some folks the old news director wanted out will likely remain in.
- Look for layoffs and more changes when the Trib moves to Clackamas this summer. Same with KPAM. The money pit is only so deep.
- Will the O have a new "around town" correspondent? Word is they're looking.
- Plans are underway to create a social restaurant/bar club for journalists, pr and advertising folks. Sort of like press clubs in other cities. Late summer announcement. I like that.
- KOIN's talent will likely give thumbs down on the AFTRA vote in July.
- Will KGW give up it's 10pm experiment with PAX sooner or later?