Friday, July 01, 2005

Food for Thought

A reader alerted me to a very interesting web site that, for me, asks a great question - okay, the question is mine - what happens when a reviewer says what she/he really thinks about a product? When it has an effect on those reviewed, what should they do? How should they react?

http://portlandfood.blogspot.com/

Read under the titles "The Emperor Has No Clothes!" and "The Emperor Has No Clothes! Part 2"

Has interesting threads regarding a review of a downtown restaurant, the reaction by the owner and chef, and attempts to put economic pressure on the reviewer's paper.

What do you think?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed that. I can't believe two men who are supposedly business savvy, are so thin skinned when it comes to criticism. Grow up, take the advice, and make your business better. It makes me want to boycott Saucebox for that alone. (Aside from the fact I feel half deaf when I leave the place, and can hardly see the food on my plate because it's so dark.)

Friday, July 01, 2005 9:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are some truly enjoyable links from this Portland food blog (http://portlandfood.blogspot.com/). There's a local restaurant employee bitch site, and you can search Mult. Co. restaurant inspections...

Saturday, July 02, 2005 12:23:00 AM  
Blogger Follow Spot said...

I face a similar challenge on my local theatre review site, Followspot.

Reviews of anything are tricky, at best, especially if one wishes to support the industry while simultaneously raising the bar *and* guiding the consumer.

And that's not even considering what a small town Portland is.

Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home